Lola Lauren (Grandma Lauren) is acting like a total and major grandma! I’ve been sleeping relatively early and been waking at the crack of dawn but hey i’m not complaining because it’s actually fantastic. There’s something about waking to catch the morning light; the quietness of it all and the having so many hours in a day.
And it’s so strange that a little thing like sugar had an impact on it all. Some might not think it, but i definitely do. Diet or shall i say lifestyle change has defiantly made an impact – a big one and boy am i feeling it.
If you’re new here and are wondering whether this challenge is right for you then look no further! Because it is! And if you’re worried because you are diabetic or have some long-standing health problems then by all means discuss this with your doctor first.. however i can assure you that removing processed sugary foods is going to be nothing less than a recommendation from your doctor!
5 bulbs of Garlic peeled
1 kilo Chicken Breasts
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
1 teaspoon Dried Rosemary
1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
1/2 teaspoon Chilli Flakes
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Blend together all ingredients except the chicken until it is a creamy consistency.
- Tenderise the chicken breasts so they are the same thickness across (this ensures that the chicken cooks through evenly).
- Score the chicken breasts and transfer to a bowl.
- Pour on the marinade over the chicken so it can soak into the meat.
- Cover with cling wrap and let sit in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Place the chicken on a oven tray with foil or parchment paper.
- Cook for 40-50 minutes. It’s ready when the top is nice and crisp and garlicky goodness! (Have you noticed we like garlic?)
- Serve with salad, or mash or rice, the world is your oyster! Or super garlicky chicken? Enjoy!
WHAT I ATE:
Meal 1: Protein Pancakes
Meal 2: Oatmeal with Strawberries
Meal 3: Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
Total Cups of Water: 6
DID YOU WORKOUT?: NOPE!
I took a day off training today. I took a break. Enjoyed myself. Exercise isn’t everything. It makes me feel amazing but sometimes this body needs a break.
WHAT I ATE:
Meal 1: Overnight Oats
Meal 2: Tuna and Apple
Snack: Nut and Seed mix
Total Cups of Water: 12
DID YOU WORKOUT?: YES!
My brothers and i trained together for a gruesome leg day. It was brutal. Me on the circuits and them doing weights. Sheesh! I am still in pain.
How did YOUR twenty-second and twenty-third days go on the 30 Day Sugar Free Challenge? Let me know! Leave me a comment! And if you want to know or hear about anything else just drop me a message!