So the last few days have left me with little time and you guys will no recipes.. Forgive me! But now you’ve hit the jackpot so we’re square, right? You’ve earned THE top 2 of my simple yet delicious creme de la creme numero uno recipes that i usually wouldn’t share with a soul but will now because you deserve it! Without further adieu here is the secret to my: Avocado On Toast and Chicken Schnitzel Fingers! Enjoy!
Avocado On Toast
1 small Avocado
2 slices Whole Grain bread
Pepper to Taste
Optional: Fried Egg, Chilli Flakes
- Toast bread in toaster and plate once toast has reached desired done-ness
- Cut avocado in half and scoop half the avocado directly onto 1 slice of toast and smoosh down with a fork roughly
- Repeat on the other half
- Squeeze half the lemon over both slices of toast
- Sprinkle pepper over the top as desired – Voila! Avo on Toast, just like dad makes it.
- Now this is where i stop, but when i’m feeling for a little extra i put i fried egg on top with some chilli flakes for a kick! You can go for bacon, tomatoes, onions, garlic – the options are endless. Play around with it! It’s your meal!
Chicken Schnitzel Fingers
3 Chicken Breasts sliced into strips
1 cup Flour
1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
1 tablespoon Oregano
1 tablespoon Thyme
1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
1 tablespoon Parsley
1 tablespoon Paprika
1 tablespoon Onion Flakes
1 tablespoon Chilli Flakes
3 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
Oil for cooking
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place flour, panko and eggs into seperate bowls.
- Season flour with the oregano, paprika, thyme, chili flakes, garlic powder and onion flakes and mix well to combine
- Whisk eggs well
- Season panko with parsley and parmesan and mix well to combine
- Dip a strip of chicken into flour and coat well
- Then dip chicken strip into the egg and coat well
- Then finally dip the chicken strip into the panko and coat well
- Set aside on a plate and repeat until all strips are crumbed
- Heat oil in a pan and cook all strips on medium heat until cooked through and golden, approximately 5 minutes.
- Voila! Chicken strips for the soul! Serve as is, with tomato sauce or my favourite a barbecue/maple/mustard combo sauce. Enjoy!