Pork and Beans! This recipe is a newbie in Lauren’s Kitchen. I played around with things in the fridge that were on it’s last legs and this recipe just kind of happened. I often go to the grocery store and just get almost every vegetable, bring it home and see what i can put together. It’s fun and this way there is variety in our meals.
I like to change it up for the boys because eating the same things can get tedious. I try to make quality nutrient dense foods that will supply their bodies with adequate fuel to keep them going all day long. I am basically trying to get the household to eat better and train harder so we can all achieve the bodies we want and feel better about ourselves. I’m a big believer of feeling your best = looking your best. And it starts from the inside-out!
Try and play around with the things you eat and try and cook your own meals. I find if you take the time, the care and the interest in what you are consuming you will have a better connection with your food and yourself. You’ll make better choices and in turn feel great too!
Pork and Beans
1 bunch Snake beans cut to 1 inch pieces
1/2 kilo minced Pork
1 cup Carrot diced
1 cup Brown Onion diced
1/2 cup Spring Onions
4 cloves Garlic minced
1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 tablepoon Sesame Oil
1 teaspoon Ginger powder (or fresh minced)
1 teaspoon Chilli Flakes
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl except the beans, oil and spring onions (I suggest wearing disposable gloves and mixing until well incorporated).
- Heat a wok on medium, add oil and cook the mince mixture until browned, breaking up the mince with a spoon. Approx. 5 minutes.
- In a seperate pan fry off the beans until they start to brown. Approx 2 minutes.
- Add beans into the mince mixture and continue to fry off for a further 5 minutes.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve with rice or in lettuce cups.
WHAT I ATE:
Meal 1: Protein Pancakes
Meal 2: Fish Stir Fry
Meal 3: 2 Shawarma’s and Fries! A little naughty, but there wasn’t really any other options at the event i was at. No shame, it was pretty good.
Total Cups of Water: 15 (i did much better!)
DID YOU WORKOUT?: YES!
Yes i did! I woke up at 6.30 and stayed in the gym until 11.30. What?! I obviously take breaks in-between though, come on, i’m no a super human.
How did YOUR fifteenth day go on the 30 Day Sugar Free Challenge? Let me know! Leave me a comment! And if you want to know or hear about anything else just drop me a message!